My 26 year old son won't leave how do I remove him?

My 26 year old son won't leave how do I remove him? Topic: How to write a leaving notice
July 19, 2019 / By Gretta
Question: March 2013 I allowed my son to come stay with me after him and his wife got a divorce. He is still living with me. He does attend HAAC part time but doesn't work. He doesn't pay any bills. He is very disrespectful and I want him to leave. How do I go about getting him to leave and still maintain our mother/son relationship
Best Answer

Best Answers: My 26 year old son won't leave how do I remove him?

Diamond Diamond | 2 days ago
You can't make him leave and retain a relationship you don't have now. He doesn't respect you or have a mother son relationship if he is disrespectful and won't contribute. He is using you for support. Time to simply hand him a written note to be out in 30 days or you go to court and have him evicted. Keep a copy of the note for yourself. In 30 days when he is still there, have the process server come in and hand him the notice to appear in court. If he is still there in two weeks, the judge will tell him to not to come back or he will be arrested for trespassing.
👍 152 | 👎 2
Did you like the answer? My 26 year old son won't leave how do I remove him? Share with your friends

We found more questions related to the topic: How to write a leaving notice

Diamond Originally Answered: If I remove my cartilage earring, will the bump go away? Will it leave a scar? Will it hurt?
Hi! It is unlikely that this is an infection, normally infections have a yellow, green or dark discharge. However, if you do have an infection taking out your jewelry would be the worst thing to do. This will trap the infection inside your body and create a much larger problem. Bumps are not uncommon and can be any thing from an irritation, metal or cleaning product allergy, sebaceous cyst, bacterial pocket --the most common--to a keloid --keloids are fairly rare, particularly in fair-skinned people. Bumps around piercings usually disappear with proper care. Yes, you can remove the jewelry and let it heal. Cartilage piercings can be very hard to heal and can take a long time. This sounds like a rejection to me. A rejection is different than a surface to surface grow-out. A rejection happens when we pierce an area of the body that just won't heal. (Some think it is because you have hit a pressure / acupuncture point.) I don't know why, but I have had two cartilage rejections myself (out of nine)--and yes, it is more likely this will occur with a gun piercing. All you can do, if this is a rejection, is to let it heal and don't try to pierce that exact spot again. If you decide to remove your jewelry keep it very clean until it heals. Sea salt soaks are very helpful. (1 tsp sea salt to 1 cup distilled water). Use a cotton ball to soak up the solution and hold to your ear several times a day for several minutes, and clean inside the piercing--also with the sea salt solution-- as best you can with a q-tip at least once per day. Table salt will not work and is full of nasty additives! You might try a little pure vitamin E oil or aloe vera, topically, to promote healing, but go easy on this as piercings heal best when clean and dry. Just a little dab once per day is enough. As for any scarring, it is hard to say: some people do, some don't, but the vitamin e oil will help a lot. More info at http://www.shorttext.com/heny0e

Capucine Capucine
You made the right choice. Yeah I know other mothers who made that choice - first up most of the mothers worldwide, and about 50% of mothers in the USA. The USA is the last country where it's commonly done for non-religous reasons. I know at least one mother on this site who lives in Ohio and has an intact son, I'll star this for her. :-) I doubt most people will notice about your son, at this age they probably won't be commenting, and when he gets older it really depends on if his school has naked showers - but there will probably be some other boys in the same boat as him. I've heard from most men that it's not the done thing to comment on other guys, and they have the risk of being accused of being gay. If my son did get teased I'd just tell him to stay strong, deal with it however he saw fit or I'd see the teachers. A guy who has good self-esteem and knows it's better to be intact (more sexual pleasure, etc) won't let it get to him. Everybody is teased about something at school, it's pointless to do cosmetic surgery to try and prevent it before it's even happened. BTW with an intact penis you don't clean under the foreskin, it's attached to the glans for years and you just wipe the outside. You probably know that already but I know some doctors give out old info so I thought I'd let you know just in case. Harriet
👍 60 | 👎 -7

Amey Amey
Sit down in January and tell him how great it is that a new year has started for him and that last year was a difficult one because of the divorce but now it's 2014 and time for healthy new beginnings and you've been so glad to have been there for him to help him through his troubled times. You say that March 2014 is coming and it will be a year and it's time for him to regain his footing out in the world and that you'll be very happy to go with him to start looking for an apartment. If finances are a problem then help him look for a cute studio apt. and tell him the two of you can hit up all the charity thrift stores and Goodwills every Saturday morning after you go out to breakfast and look for things to furnish his new place. You tell him he'll need to at least get a part-time job to pay his rent and buy furniture etc. You do that for a month and you'll be surprised how much you can find to get re-started! You'll be doing it together and having fun and talking about the future and working toward a move out date. It's all very positive and it gives him a 3-month timeline to start putting things in order and getting prepared for re-joining the world as a single man. You tell him that you don't want to be an enabler allowing him to stay and be a little boy again that it's time to work, have a career and get refocused on his own future. If worst comes to worst you can tell him you want to rent out his room because finances are tight and you need the income so he either needs to pay rent and utilities or you need to find someone who will. Change the locks when he moves out! Good luck!
👍 59 | 👎 -16

Warner Warner
Unfortunately I don't see anyway you are going to get him to leave without him getting a little angry. What you need to do is serve him with an eviction notice. Because he has lived there a year he could be considered a tenant in a court of law. There should be a local marshalls office who will do all that for you if you are uncomfortable with it. After your go to court and get him evicted they will serve him with a notice. After that he will have 72 hours to vacate otherwise he will be trespassing. As far as you and he are concerned it will take a little time. Time heals all wounds they say.
👍 58 | 👎 -25

Rusty Rusty
talk with him about his future plans, like career or whatever see where he sees himself a year from now or whatever, make sure he has goals and he isn't going through depression due to his divorce. You need to establish with him a move out date, and rules for living there. Your house, Your Rules. have him pay a bill or two. In the long run he will thank you, otherwise he will just stick around like a bum
👍 57 | 👎 -34

Rusty Originally Answered: What does a 13 year old need to leave the country without her parents?
It is extremely unwise to allow a child to travel internationally without parents. This is why so many countries are cracking down on children flying alone, or with only one parent, or with other-than-parents. Do NOT do this! If you are determined to put your daughter in harm's way, then she must have written, verifiable permission from BOTH parents that she has permission to travel from Place to Place on Flight #, Date, and telephone numbers for verbal confirmation, if necessary. Even with such letters, there is no guarantee that authorities will let a young child like this fly unaccompanied. While there are lots of good people in this world, predators are lurking and on the lookout for an unaccompanied young girl (and sometimes boys). Only you can protect your child.

If you have your own answer to the question how to write a leaving notice, then you can write your own version, using the form below for an extended answer.