What would you do if you're in my shoes?
Topic: Best free computer program for writing a book
May 23, 2019 / By Sparrow Question:
I don't really have a laptop so I save all my data including personal ones in my external hard drive. Last week, something happened and all the data in my hard drive got corrupted including all my poems.
I was kinda lazy at writing so I type my poems instead. I wouldn't mind losing all the poems except the ones that really mean a lot to me. I tried searching the ones in yahoo answers but one of the really good ones is gone...I can't find it.
My questions are:
1. What would I do about the rest of the poems which are lost, corrupted with the whole data in my hard drive?
2. What kind of book do you write your poems in? Because I used to write in many books, when I write in this book then I found another book that I would like to write in, etc. I ended up switching books instead and wasting money.
3. What do I do now?
Best Answers: What would you do if you're in my shoes?
Praise | 8 days ago
You probably should have asked this in the computer section.
Don't write anything new to the hard drive. This is important so you don't overwrite any traces of the files.
Download a free program called Recuva (link in the sources)
Run it on deep scan to have best chance of finding it. If it's a small hard drive it should run fairly quickly, there's two passes so a hard drive bigger than say 20gb or a slow hard drive might take up to a few hours and anything over 100GB might take all day/night.
Once the results pop up, look for your files. Put check marks next to the files you want, or just select them all.
Remember you need to retrieve the files to another hard drive/partition on the computer you are working with, otherwise you risk overwriting the traces of the files. You also need enough space available on the second drive to retrieve all the files you selected.
Green means very good chance of recovery, red means you might get part of the file back, but you might end up with a corrupt file. For .txt files or .doc, you might get part of your poem back, but for things like video and audio, it could end up being a random mix of noise or two or three files retrieved as one single file with no coherence.
Hope that helps. There are other paid software and companies who you can pay to retrieve the files, but free is best until you discover a file/files you can't retrieve yourself.
👍 104 | 👎 8
Did you like the answer? What would you do if you're in my shoes?
Share with your friends
We found more questions related to the topic: Best free computer program for writing a book
Originally Answered: Best shoes of shoes/boots for hiking through desert southwest/?
1) You don't need anything more than regular hiking, cross-training or running shoes for any type of hiking or backpacking, in desert or mountains.
2) Heavy boots are only necessary for military personnel who carry excessive loads of gear and have to worry about booby-traps, shrapnel, and the rough terrain of a bombed out city including broken glass and jagged steel.
3) I've never heard of anything rapidly tearing up the soles of shoes except certain types of recently cooled volcanic rock.
4) Everything in the desert will be nicely weathered to a much smoother surface. While sticking to trails or simply careful stepping will prevent encounters with much of the cacti.
5) Hiking shoes made of nylon and mesh along with light 100% polyester or nylon dress socks will suit you much better than heavy leather boots in a myriad of ways including eliminating blisters, allowing your feet to breathe rather than becoming soaked with sweat, reducing the work required with every step, and reducing your impact on the land.
6) Your concerns are unfounded:
7) Work boots won't prevent snake bites any more than shoes, while being observant and able to quickly react to the sight or sound of a rattlesnake will. Plus, rattlesnakes are hardly as dangerous as many people imagine.
8) I've hiked talus slopes and other supposedly ankle spraining conditions in hiking shoes and Teva sandals without any problems.
9) Your boots will be more likely to trip you up in delicate situations.
1 - i would tell u how to recover them but u cant go wrong on this one, cant take the risk, the most important thing is to not write anything new the the harddisk, and take the hard disk to a PC store for some professional care, that would solve it.
2 - i would get a +180 pages college ruled notebook and use it, but u should get a laptop pronto, there are some cheap laptops called netbooks, check them out, or u could post every poem on an online blog or something, like livejournal.com....
3 - just chill and all should go well. ;)
👍 30 | 👎 5
What you do if the rest of your poems are lost is that you should retype them and be smarter about saving your poems on your hard drive. I write my poems in a note book and i love to type a few of my poems. what you do now is that you can try and find the filled you saved your poems on but if you can't find them then you will have to start them all over again
👍 23 | 👎 2
To download Recuva for free you can click here http://bit.ly/1qdf6z1
If you've accidentally deleted some important files, don't freak out: try using Recuva and you'll be able to restore them!
👍 16 | 👎 -1
Originally Answered: What shoes should i buy? please help?
sneakers? i'm better at choosing flip flops:( oh well!!!:)
so i'm thinking of a pair of chuck taylors (they're the sneakers where the bottom is all flat, in case u didn't know) in a sorta pale yellowish whitish color, (i don't know what i just said there!) lacelss. oh my gosh, chuck taylors are so in style! must have! just go to any shoe store! here is the site:
check em out!!!!!